Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

All my data disappeared

• Please log in to reply

FlorenceCellier

FlorenceCellier

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Help me with my report on financial work. On the instructions of my boss, I worked for a long time on the charts, calculated the surveys of the target audience. And now I can not open this document. When you open a file in Office 2013 on the screen appears: Word document is corrupted. I do not know what to do. Very soon, I'll have to pass the report! I do not have time to do it all over again.

Advertisements

dmccoy

dmccoy

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 1,295 posts
Is there any chance you have a backup or use the word auto save feature, emailed the document to someone etc? I recommend to make a copy of the corrupted file right away and store it to save location before trying any repairs. As soon as this is done let me know and will provide some possible options.

elliotjordan

elliotjordan

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Word 2013 saves a temporary copy of your unsaved work that you can repair word in a matter of seconds. Just follow these simple steps to pick up right where you left off.

1. Click "File" at the top left of the screen.

2. Click "Info" at the top of the left-hand menu

3. Click the "Manage Versions" button in the Info pane.

4. Select "Recover Unsaved Documents" from the drop-down menu.

5. Click "Open" when you've selected the document you want to recover.

6. Click "Save As" at the top of the screen.