Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Windows 7 Install over Windows XP (Resolved).

Best Answer Jackpine , 16 February 2018 - 01:05 PM

Hi phillpower2, My new Windows 7 installation is working well. I believe that Windows 7 and higher does not allow my 2 DVD-ROM drives to be shown along with C drive and other disk drives... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Jackpine

Jackpine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
✓  Best Answer

Hi phillpower2,

My new Windows 7 installation is working well.

I believe that Windows 7 and higher does not allow my 2 DVD-ROM drives to be shown along with C drive and other disk drives as part of "Computer" when in Windows Explorer.  (I remember that Windows XP allowed this feature.)

It is not a problem since both drives work fine.  I only thought that Windows 7 would show them both, but it doesn't.

Other than that, everything is working well.  Thank you again for your help in the installation of Windows 7 and the required drivers.

Cheers!

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts

Hello Jackpine,

I believe that Windows 7 and higher does not allow my 2 DVD-ROM drives to be shown along with C drive and other disk drives as part of "Computer" when in Windows Explorer.  (I remember that Windows XP allowed this feature.)

Did mention this along with a suggestion back in my reply #27 in response to your reply #26;

Windows XP always showed CD ROMs D and E in Windows Explorer under Computer.  Windows 7 doesn't.  Is that how it's supposed to be?  

From memory as long as there is no disk in the drive yes that is how it is meant to be, same as my Windows 10, you can always create a shortcut for each drive on your desktop.

Other than the above it looks like all is well and thanks for letting us know  :thumbsup:

You are welcome btw  :)