Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows password recovery with win 7 home premium on emachine EL 1200-

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

RichyS6

RichyS6

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've forgot my password and when I try to reset it I can't because I don't have a recovery disk or back up disk. I literally can't do nothing on this pc without the password or a recovery disk. Can I make a recovery disk now before I lose all my data? The original software is win vista, and when I try to restore the sys I can not because the win 7 files show up , and it tells me I need the win vista files. It allows me to search for the files or drivers but I have no clue which one is the win vista recovery files. I can find a recovery disk file but it's blue highlighted and will not let me load the file. Any advice, other than throwing it in the trash?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts
BIOS or Operating System's passwords are there for the purpose related to Security and Privacy to protect the legitimate owner of a machine. While there are many locations on the Internet that might help you learn about managing passwords for a machine's BIOS or Operating System, we a G2G do not assist in what amounts to hacking past a machine's Security and Privacy safeguards.

While such requests are often legitimate, and come from users who experience exactly the kind of problem that you post, we have no way of determining legitimate vs. not legitimate, therefore we do not respond to such requests.

As long as you have a way of proving ownership of the computer such as a sales receipt a local tech or tech store should be able to help you.