Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer , Windows acting up

• Please log in to reply

betsym

betsym

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Internet Explorer is giving me the error message "Internet Explorer has stopped working" a lot and when I tried to go to the Hulu website , all I got was a white screen. I tried the Firefox browser and it opened the Hulu webpage right up.I think I am going to quit using Internet Explorer at all. Is there something causing it to do this?I tried refreshing the browser and flushing the DNS. Neither one made a difference. I have Windows 7 Home Premium operating system. My computer was made in 2012.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here, this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

betsym

betsym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Sorry it has taken me so long. That killer flu has been going around and the computer has been sketchy. I will do what you asked and get it back to you ASAP!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Sorry it has taken me so long. That killer flu has been going

No worries, had it myself over the New Year, only back in work two days then laid up at home for two  :(

betsym

betsym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

I can't get the report posted for some reason. I tired saving it to my desktop and then copying and pasting it but that wouldn't work. I copied it to the clipboard but don't know how to get it from there to here....I followed the instructions but the instructions don't say what to do after saving it to the clipboard...

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

You don`t save and post the actual report itself just a link to the report, there is an example of such a link on the Speccy homepage 

http://speccy.pirifo...iTFbWJJ1oggVwcV once you have run Speccy, left click on the link in your report at the top of the page to highlight it in blue, right click on it to copy it, then right click in the GTG dialogue input box when you next reply and it should give you the option to paste your url (which will look like the example I mention) into your reply.

betsym

betsym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

I posted here and it disappeared!!!! I ran the speccy and followed the instructions but couldn't get it to post.....

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

See if the attachment below helps;

Using the example Speccy url,  right click to paste http://speccy.pirifo...iTFbWJJ1oggVwcV

betsym

betsym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

I am sooooo sorry for my lack of understanding. I've tried right-clicking to paste. It won't give me the option to paste. That is greyed out. Is there some way you can gain acess to it by remote? I just can't get my ADHD mind to figure pout what I'm doing wrong! I've tried researching online to see if I could find something to help me but I get the same thing you told me to do. I haven't found anything to say what to do if that doesn't work for some reason.

Edited by betsym, 26 February 2018 - 12:18 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

See if following the three attachments below helps any;

betsym

betsym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

I followed all of those directions, just like you have them, and what I am trying to tell you is that, when it comes times to select "paste", the word paste is "greyed-out" so that CAN'T select it or click on it. It won't do anything.. I published it and everything , just like the directions said. I have NO idea what's wrong and it's frustrating me. I'm ready to just let it go for now.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Have you tried using a different browser when you run Speccy, if not, try Chrome.

Channeal

Channeal

• PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Have you tried the following, betsym?

Right-click on the Speccy url and select 'Copy Link Location'.

Click on the place where you want to put the url and if 'paste' is still greyed out, try using the keyboard command (ctrl and v) instead.

It is worth a try, but if fails to help then I am sorry for troubling you.

Chris :)

Edited by Channeal, 03 March 2018 - 06:08 AM.