Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows RT bad update?

wont start updates

Best Answer SleepyDude , 03 February 2018 - 03:44 PM

Hi, I tried to follow this guide https://surfacetip.c...-update-3-2017/ I remember that not all the updates they say to install are accepted at the first try and I had to reinstall one of... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

sigmatuan1989

sigmatuan1989

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

I bought Surface at last minute as a quick and cheap fix while work laptop was broke again (Lenova).  Loved that it signed into my work network and had Office.  Soon realized the 32GB was too small.  I have a mini sd card installed at 32GB for storage.  I have network drive at home too.  This is mainly a personal computer for surfing internet, facebook, etc, and of course backing the when the work Lenova breaks.  

Was seriously looking for a replacement Fri night and wont go below 128GB.

Thansk

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

Hi Rui,

They seem like a good idea but rather problematic  :(

I had wondered how Windows was meant to get by on a 32 or 64GB storage device, from the amount of folks that have had the same or a similar problem it is apparent that these type of computers could do with a minimum of a 128GB storage device.

I totally agree with you, for a normal OS I found 128GB to small for OS + Applications and there are plenty of machines on the market only with a SSD of 128GB. Usually very thin machines with small number of connections that demands a bad to transport all the accessories (HDD, Network adapter for Ethernet, etc....)

The Windows Surface RT 8.1 doesn't have all the Windows 8.1 features that's why this works well with only 32GB of storage also besides the included Office there isn't much available/useful on the Microsoft Store for this OS!

Some useful information in this thread, thanks for sharing   :thumbsup:

NB: Did note the single full size USB 2,0 port, this would trip me up straight away as I have to have a USB mouse when using a notebook  :whistling:

We have one of those Surfaces RT at my work with the additional keyboard/Cover, when I had to work on it I convinced my boss to purchase a USB Hub to connect the mouse and a flash drive because working on this without mouse is also a pain for me...