Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"network cable disconnected" ?

• Please log in to reply

agar11

agar11

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am SO over trying to fix this myself... I have a Dell PC running XP home and a Gateway PC running XP with a Linksys Wireless B broadband router and same brand/type "receiver" for the other computer. The "home" computer is the Dell - I am connecting the cable (from the wall) to Surfboard modem, Dell computer to the router, separate connection from the modem to one of the router ports.

I have run the XP Network setup but all I keep getting from the Gateway is "network cable disconnected". How can that be??? The only thing that connects is the USB wireless receiver...

:tazz: I'll be forever indebted to you

PA in Colorado

Advertisements

Greazy

Greazy

IT Professional

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

separate connection from the modem to one of the router ports

You should have a port on the router labeled WAN or Internet, make sure that is the one the modem is plugged into using a standard patch cable.

Greazy Mcgeezy