Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pc starts black screen and restarts after 1 second (Resolved).

Best Answer johnny15 , 16 February 2018 - 08:06 AM

Sorry for the delay but I had no time because of work.Also I was waiting for a used CPU and another motherboard for testing. I fixed the bend pins of the cpu socket and now everything is fine on th... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

johnny15

johnny15

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Hello everyone,

I am going to need your help again,
I upgraded the following pc a year ago and one of these days I decided to build it again as a second pc for my parents.
It was left in a big box (for 1,5year) so I took everything out and built that pc again.
When I start the computer everything seems to work but I don't hear any beep sound and apart from that the screen is black. 
After 1 second it restarts. This time it stays on, but the screen is black and still no beep sound. (I've already installed a speaker on the motherboard)

So these are the things I tried:
A)Tried a new PSU
B)Changed RAM and tested it in every slot
C)Tried another Graphics card, (The card works in another  pc)
D)Took out the battery from the motherboard
E)Took the motherboard and started it again out of the box
F)Tried to start again with only the CPU but still nothing happens
G)Tried a new motherboard
H)Started it straight from the the motherboard with a screwdriver (not pressing any button on the tower)
The only thing I haven't tested is a new CPU

Do you have any ideas of what's causing the problem?

Thanks for the help and sorry for my english

CPU : Intel Core Quad Q6600

Motherboard: IP35 PRO

RAM: 4GB Ram DDR2 Dual channel x400MHz

Graphics Card: HD 5570

PSU : Etasis 650W

Operating System: Windows 7 32Bit

Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 2032BW 20’’

HDD1 : Sata II 320GB Seagate

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Hello johnny15,

Can I ask if you have made sure that the 8 pin ATX power supply for the CPU and the 24 pin main power connection for the MB are both securely connected.

(I've already installed a speaker on the motherboard)

Good idea  :thumbsup:

If you are 100% certain that your MB speaker works and that it is on the correct pins on the MB, with the computer powered down and disconnected from the mains power, ground yourself by touching a bare metal part of the chassis or PSU, remove all of the RAM, connect the power cord, power up, post back and let us know if you got any error beeps.

johnny15

johnny15

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

I will check and reply tomorrow,
I think I've done the ram thing,
You mean start the pc with CPU,GPU and no ram right? 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
You mean start the pc with CPU,GPU and no ram right? 

Correct.

Got to go out for a couple of hrs but will check back later.

johnny15

johnny15

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

I found the problem for my previous motherboard, I think it was bent cpu pins.
The funny thing is that the psu does that restart thing in the new motherboard also.(Everything starts but after a sec pc restarts)
I checked the pins in the new motherboard put the new cpu and now my pc boots normally after the "restart thing"[Yes that thing never stopped].
I've still haven't found what's the reason for this but now I can see the bios screen.
I'll try to install windows and reply.
Some things I wanted to mention:

A)For some reason the buzzer worked only once and now stopped working.  
B)I noticed that the "restart thing" happens only when i plug the cable from the psu to the cpu.
C)Checked another PSU to my computer and It does the same thing, checked both PSUs to another pc and they work fine without restarts.

Sorry If I this sounds more confusing but I'd like to help other guys that might have the same problem

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20180208_122735_preview.jpeg

Edited by johnny15, 08 February 2018 - 12:04 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
I'll try to install windows and reply.

B)I noticed that the "restart thing" happens only when i plug the cable from the psu to the cpu.

Need to wait to see if you have been able to install Windows for now as I am a bit confused as to how you get a BIOS screen if you are not connecting the power from the PSU to the appropriate socket on the MB.

johnny15

johnny15

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Sorry, my fault at explaining.
My pc boots only if i plug everything correctly. But still restarts,

If I don't plug the CPU plug on the MB then it doesn't restart.The PSU seems to work fine but  I don't see anything on the screen. (as expected)
I will try to install windows and reply friday or saturday

Edited by johnny15, 08 February 2018 - 06:45 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

No need for any apology johnny15, we understand that computer issues can sometimes be both stressful and drive you nuts.

My pc boots only if i plug everything correctly. But still restarts,

If I don't plug the CPU plug on the MB then it doesn't restart

Hmm, often a sign of a short circuit  :(

Will wait on your next update for now.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Not heard back from you johnny15, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.

johnny15

johnny15

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
✓  Best Answer

Sorry for the delay but I had no time because of work.

Also I was waiting for a used CPU and another motherboard for testing.
I fixed the bend pins of the cpu socket and now everything is fine on the old computer.
You can mark this problem as solved

Edited by johnny15, 16 February 2018 - 08:08 AM.

johnny15

johnny15

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

One last question. Now that I am left with the motherboard and the cpu and some other stuff I had, I tried to start a 3rd pc, but

when I plug the cable from the PSU to the CPU and try to start the pc, the PSU instantly turns off. Do you have any ideas what's causing this? (That's a bonus question)

vblue

vblue

• Pip
  • 5 posts

One last question. Now that I am left with the motherboard and the cpu and some other stuff I had, I tried to start a 3rd pc, but

when I plug the cable from the PSU to the CPU and try to start the pc, the PSU instantly turns off. Do you have any ideas what's causing this? (That's a bonus question)

What is the motherboard & power supply? (If you can't get a brand from the PSU what is the wattage on it? (I'm assuming that one still has the Q6600..)

​Double check that you have your 4/8 pin Aux power for the CPU plugged in, as well as the 24 pin. 1 stick of RAM. Strip everything else. Does it still do it?

johnny15

johnny15

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Sorry for the delay but I had no time beacause of work,
The PSU is LC POWER 550
and the motherboard is MSI P35 NEO COMBO DDR2-DDR3,

Tried that, but the problem continues,
I forgot to mention that the pc was working fine with another cpu and when i tried to replace the previous cpu with the q6600,  I saw problem I told you before.
When you press the switch to start everything, you  hear a click in the psu and then everything shuts down