Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

blue error screen

blue screen blue error screen dell window7 error stopcode failed

• Please log in to reply

jc0987

jc0987

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I have a Dell laptop and I can't remember if it's still windows 7 or I updated to newer version.

My problem is when I tried to download something all of sudden my lap re-started on its own and ever since I've been getting the blue scree error. It shows the stop code: Driver irql not less or equal AND what failed: nistpr64sys. It just re boots again and again. I've been seeing blue screen one after another for the past two hours. I can't format the laptop. I have files I want to see but since I can't log in or see my desktop it's literally impossible. Is there a way I can fix through set up(F2) or boot info (F12)? I tried looking for safe mode but I don't see it any where else. Is there a possible solution for my laptop?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

:welcome:   jc0987,

what failednistpr64sys

Could that be ndistpr64.sys

jc0987

jc0987

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

:welcome:   jc0987,

what failednistpr64sys

Could that be ndistpr64.sys

yeah I think that's what it was. the screen changed really fast

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

Your computer looks to have been infected so we need to put this thread on hold, if you get the all clear of malware but the problem persists come back here and we will look at other possible causes of the issue/s.

Description of ndistpr64.sys below;

NDISTPR64.SYS Information
This is an undesirable program.
This file has been identified as a program that is undesirable to have running on your computer. This consists of programs that are misleading, harmful, or undesirable.

Please see Computer Won't Boot - Malware Related info here

Good luck, we will be here should you need to return to this thread   :thumbsup: