Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Trojan Virus or spyware

clean this device Facebook and ESET Scanner download Scanner

• Please log in to reply

Bruce1270

Bruce1270

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,642 posts
Hi

Can you try this FRST fix please. Copy it to the USB drive first and then transfer it to RobertDads laptop. Make sure it is in the same place as FRST. Ideally make sure both FRST and the fixlist are on the desktop.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system.

Download the attached fixlist.txt to your desktop.Attached File  fixlist.txt   179bytes   3 downloads
  • Ensure fixlist.txt is in the same location as FRST.exe on your desktop.
    FRSTfix.jpg
  • Run FRST by right clicking on it and selecting Run as Administrator and press Fix
  • On completion a log (fixlog.txt) will be generated.
  • Please select all text in this fix, copy (CTRL + C) and then Paste (CTRL + V) in your next reply.

After this can you check the internet connection.

Advertisements

RobertDad

RobertDad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

I am truly sorry, but I do not understand you reply.   I put FRST on this computer. or on the Flash drive, transfer it to bobs laptop!   ???

Bob has FRST1 on his laptop but it says it failed to update 1. Do I delete that one and do a new one to the flash drive, Nothing is going right.   What do I download to the flash drive.

I hope this is the correct log.

Attached Files

Edited by RobertDad, 19 February 2018 - 08:20 PM.

RobertDad

RobertDad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

This is another Screen that came up after the above screenshot I sent.  I clicked on the Details in the smaller window and the came up beside it, so I got both on one screenshot.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen Print.jpg

Bruce1270

Bruce1270

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,642 posts
Hi

The fix ran ok. :thumbsup:

The screenshot you are seeing is ConfigFree which is Toshiba's utility for configuring wireless and wired network connectivity. Make sure all applications and programs are closed and shutdown and reboot the computer and see if the utility will set up the connection.

RobertDad

RobertDad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

No it still will not connect to the internet.

I was typing to ask you about safe & secure websites I could download a "Driver Updater".   All of a sudden this happen to your page:

Attached Thumbnails

• Page screw-up.JPG

Edited by RobertDad, 20 February 2018 - 06:56 PM.

RobertDad

RobertDad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Well I have RobertDad up and running.  I went into Change Proxy Setting, and clicked on set up an internet connection.  It said that the security settings did not match, so I made them match, and we are in business.    Now onto the clean this device.

I just tried to log-in on Facebook and the "clean this device" message never came up and Facebook accepted his password and opened right up. Not sure what this means but I will see you tomorrow. 

Edited by RobertDad, Today, 12:06 AM.

Bruce1270

Bruce1270

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,642 posts
That's great news! Well done you :)

Please run a fresh set of FRST logs for me to see where we are.
  • Please run Farbars Recovery Scan Tool again. Run FRST by right clicking on it and selecting Run as Administrator. Allow it to update if it wants to.
  • Please tick the Addition.txt box under Optional Scan.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make logs FRST.txt & Addition.txt in the same directory the tool is run.
  • Please copy and paste the FRST.txt and Addition.txt to your reply.

Thanks