Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

help !

Best Answer phillpower2 , 14 February 2018 - 04:53 AM

mehrsa, 1 and 2 I can offer you some input on. 1: The Surface Pro 4 has a full-size USB 3.0 port for connecting an external HDD to but setting one up can be a bit problematic... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

mehrsa

mehrsa

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hi guyz, I'm thinking getting a surface pro 4 , core i5 , 8gb of ram , pen included but im having second thoughts i have few questions before i make the final decision
1.does it support an 2TB external hard-drive ?
2.can i run games like sims 4 and GTA on it ?
3.does the battery really lasts 9 hours ?
4.if you have it , what do u think ??

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• 22,164 posts
✓  Best Answer

:welcome:   mehrsa,

1 and 2 I can offer you some input on. 1: The Surface Pro 4 has a full-size USB 3.0 port for connecting an external HDD to but setting one up can be a bit problematic and some brands of drive work better than others, some info on this here 2: Not ideal for gaming as there is no dedicated graphics chip, some older versions of GTA may work on the lowest of settings but the later versions may not run at all. see link here for the required specs for the games that you would like to be able to play.

mehrsa

mehrsa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

:welcome:   mehrsa,

1 and 2 I can offer you some input on. 1: The Surface Pro 4 has a full-size USB 3.0 port for connecting an external HDD to but setting one up can be a bit problematic and some brands of drive work better than others, some info on this here 2: Not ideal for gaming as there is no dedicated graphics chip, some older versions of GTA may work on the lowest of settings but the later versions may not run at all. see link here for the required specs for the games that you would like to be able to play.

mehrsa

mehrsa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thank u so much!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• 22,164 posts

You are welcome  :)

Let us know if you would like us to take a look at any alternatives that you may be considering.