Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio Defaults...

Best Answer smittyd , 16 February 2018 - 01:07 PM

No, sorry, Windows 7.  Thanks for the reply.  I figured it out.  I went to "Default Programs" and clicked "Associate a file type or protocol with a program".  Then I scrolled do... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

smittyd

smittyd

• PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Hello.  I want to make STP my audio default. But, when I go to the section that I can choose what my defaults are STP does not show there.  STP is installed on my computer.  Does it have to be in a certain folder to be allowed to chosen as the default?  Right now WMP keeps coming up as the default player.  Thanks...

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

Win 10?

Open File Explorer and find one of your audio files.  Right click on it and Open With. .. Then Select More Apps.  If you don't see the app you want then scroll to the bottom and select Look for Another App on this PC then point it at the app.  Once you do that the app should show up in the More Apps list the next time you  Right click on it and Open With. .. Then Select More Apps.  You can set it as the default by checking Always Use this App then selecting your App.

smittyd

smittyd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
✓  Best Answer

No, sorry, Windows 7.  Thanks for the reply.  I figured it out.  I went to "Default Programs" and clicked "Associate a file type or protocol with a program".  Then I scrolled down to .MP3 and and changed what I wanted to open it up with.  Again, thanks.