Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New hardware, mobo blink fan spin 1 sec, then nothing.

Best Answer phillpower2 , 21 February 2018 - 11:05 AM

If I may chime in with an observation folks, Specs are :msi Z370 a pro  Motherboard specs here say that the board only supports the 8th Gen Coffee Lake processors so the 7th Gen... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Stakkerdk

Stakkerdk

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello. I read in a previous thread you prefer we make new ones and not post in others. So I bought new hardware mobo CPU ram and graphics, kept hdd.
After I stalling according to manual, it won't start up. I get fans spinning,lights flash on mobo, then nothing.
Specs are :msi Z370 a pro. Intel I5 7400 lga 1151.msi GeForce gtx 1050 ti. 2x4 ddr4 2400. Old psu corsair cx600.

Any ideas on what to do would be helpful. I've tried to disconnect everything and replacing then. I checked all cables and they should be placed correctly. 2x power to mobo, 1x power to gfx.

Thanks in advance for help

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
Try redoing the thermal paste. If the CPU detects it is getting too hot it will shutdown right away.

Stakkerdk

Stakkerdk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok I will try that out when I get home. The paste was preset on the cooler thou, but I will see what I can do. Thanks

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,771 posts
✓  Best Answer

If I may chime in with an observation folks,

Specs are :msi Z370 a pro

Motherboard specs here say that the board only supports the 8th Gen Coffee Lake processors so the 7th Gen I5 7400 is not compatible I`m afraid  :(

Stakkerdk

Stakkerdk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

If I may chime in with an observation folks,

Specs are :msi Z370 a pro

Motherboard specs here say that the board only supports the 8th Gen Coffee Lake processors so the 7th Gen I5 7400 is not compatible I`m afraid  :(

Stakkerdk

Stakkerdk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Aww, man, serious.. That bites lol. Thanks thou. Guess problem is solved. And my friend owes me a beer for bad advice lol.

Cheers and tanks for help all.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,771 posts

Sorry that I could only offer you the bad news but you are welcome none the less  :thumbsup:

A lot of folk have been caught out in a similar manner and yours far from an isolated incident, not sure what they were thinking of by leaving the socket only identified as 1151 when simply identifying it as something along the lines of 1151-A would have made folk take a closer look to check for compatibility.

Newegg product information here

• Intel Z370
  • Supports 8th Generation Intel Core Processors, and Intel Pentium and Celeron Processors for Socket LGA1151
  • * Not backward compatible with older generation of LGA 1151 CPUs