Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PCie graphics card strats and dtop (Resolved).

Best Answer kings121 , 05 March 2018 - 05:15 AM

Aaahhhh boy and here is the info....i took the gpu back to the store where they tested it and everything worked fine, they suggested i change my 600w psu to 700+ watt after doing so that did not so... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

kings121

kings121

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Windows is not responsible for installing your motherboard drivers, you need to do this, you should have a drivers disk that came with your motherboard.

The GPU drivers are secondary for now as you need to get the motherboard drivers installed and starting with the Intel chipset drivers first.

i'm browsing the thr mobo cd and not seen nothing about chipset driver

could the i386 folder be the chipset driver? but there is not exe file in the folder,

Advertisements

kings121

kings121

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Windows is not responsible for installing your motherboard drivers, you need to do this, you should have a drivers disk that came with your motherboard.

The GPU drivers are secondary for now as you need to get the motherboard drivers installed and starting with the Intel chipset drivers first.

i'm browsing the thr mobo cd and not seen nothing about chipset driver

could the i386 folder be the chipset driver? but there is not exe file in the folder,

and there is another folder named amd64  with no exe file 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Tip

If using a computer and not a mobile phone, please avoid adding multiple posts while waiting for us to reply to your last, edit your last post to include anything that you wish to add, this will ensure nothing gets overlooked which can sometimes happen if a thread has more than one page. 

There is also no need to quote every reply btw, it only makes for more reading and doesn't help any.

The first driver to install is the Intel Management Engine driver ver:11.7.0.1045.

kings121

kings121

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

ok driver installed pc rebooted,  what's next

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Run Speccy and post the new url for us.

kings121

kings121

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

http://speccy.pirifo...1GT2uW2X8ul83vT

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Still not detecting the card so restart the computer to access the BIOS and make sure that the PCI-E slot is set as the Primary graphics solution, see screenshot so you know what you are looking for.

There is also an option in the BIOS to check for driver updates, run that at some point as well.

kings121

kings121

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

ok  it was already like that when i went into the bios

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Not looking promising atm, is the GTX 1080 out of the box new or if used is it known to be in 100% working order.

Let the Nvidea driver auto detect scan your computer, see info here

kings121

kings121

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

yes it  is new out of the box   and i tried to let nvidia auto detect but with no luck in finding the card

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Shut down and disconnect the power cord then pull the CMOS battery for ten minutes or so and pressing the chassis power on button as of the process, this will clear any possible bad settings in the BIOS, see attachment.

Once done reassemble and test.

If clearing the CMOS does not help it is definitely a hardware issue. have you ever had an add on video card working in this motherboard.

kings121

kings121

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

no this is the first time this mobo has been put together

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

For now will wait and see if anything changes after clearing the CMOS.

You never told us how old that PSU is.

kings121

kings121

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
The psu came with a mini itx case i bought about 3yrs ago
and the bios reset didnt fix the problem....but if there aint anything else we can try im going to return this card

the thing is i dont want to buy a psu when im not sure if it is really the problem....what you think?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Before returning anything you need to establish which item is bad.

Do you know anyone with a computer who can either test your card in their computer or borrow you a GPU to test in yours, alternatively ask a local tech or tech store to test the GPU.

Question, that model of PSU does not have an 8 pin PCI-E connector for an add on video card, how have you connected the PSU to the GPU as in what connector/s.