Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PCie graphics card strats and dtop (Resolved).

Best Answer kings121 , 05 March 2018 - 05:15 AM

Aaahhhh boy and here is the info....i took the gpu back to the store where they tested it and everything worked fine, they suggested i change my 600w psu to 700+ watt after doing so that did not so... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

kings121

kings121

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Mobo ASRock  Z170m-itx/ac

pcie graphics  evga geforce gtx 1080 8gb

cpu inte i5 7500 3.4ghz

ram  corsair venence 2x8gb

the mobo also have onboard graphics

as mention above the pcie graphics card fan starts and stop no signal to monitor

any help will be appreciated

thanks in advance

Advertisements

dmccoy

dmccoy

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 1,295 posts
Have you tried only using the on-board GPU?

kings121

kings121

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Have you tried only using the on-board GPU?

yes that one works fine

dmccoy

dmccoy

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 1,295 posts
Okay then it sounds like an issue with either the driver or the card. Please perform the following.

Speccy
http://filehippo.com/download_speccy

1. File > Save Snapshot.  This will create a file called [hostname].speccy
2. File > Publish Snapshot.  This saves your snapshot to our servers
3 Paste the link to your next Reply

From <https://www.piriform...eccy#204044294>

kings121

kings121

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

thanks very much for helping

http://speccy.pirifo...6RwH1rVZyfzflRf  

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Hello kings121,

If I may chime in while dmccoy is offline.

Two things of note regarding the GTX 1080 in Speccy, 1: There is no Nvidea software for any GTX 1080 add on video card installed. 2: The PCI-E X16 slot where an add on video card goes is shown to be in use but no add on video card is listed anywhere in the hardware specifications only the Intel HD graphics are.

Couple of questions if I may;

What is the brand and model name or number of the PSU.

Was the GTX 1080 in the PCI-E slot when you ran Speccy, if yes, was the 8 pin supplemental power supply dongle from the PSU securely connected to the GTX 1080.

As an asides kings121, can I ask how come you are using Windows 10 Enterprise

kings121

kings121

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

the brand of psu  ocz technology

model ocz600sxs

yes the card was in the slot with the power cable connected

windows 10 was installed by a friend 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

That particular PSU was first released back in 2007 and was discontinued years ago, how old is the one that you have.

It the PSU is so old that it is out of warranty I would not use it anywhere near my computer and especially if it had a video card that cost circa 6500 Krona/$800+.

The card being in the slot but not identified in the specifications could be down to having no drivers** but it could also be hardware related such as not being enabled in the BIOS, the PSU not being up to the task or a bad PCI-E slot on the MB>

windows 10 was installed by a friend 

The following not intended as lecture but to hopefully help keep you understand the implications of using unlicensed software.

Your friend should take what they install on other folks computers, fine if they wish to use such software on their computer but using it on yours puts you on the wrong side of the law, the Enterprise version of Windows is used by large capacity users such as the IT industry, hospitals and schools etc, these type of users have what is known as a Volume Licence Key for which they pay an agreed amount with Microsoft, the same Windows product is installed on as many in house computers as is permitted, using the product key on any personal computer is not permitted and is in fact illegal.

** one of the affects of having unauthorised software on your computer will be that at some point you will be blocked from installing any Windows updates, you may already be having an issue with this as Windows would normally download what it deemed the most appropriate Nvidea drivers for your GTX 1080 for you, the fact that it hasn`t may or may not be related to the version of Windows that is installed on your computer.

Microsoft Volume Licensing

Have you actually purchased your own product key for any version of Windows 10, if not, do so asap and reinstall a legitimate version of Windows before MS detects what is on your computer and flags it up as being unauthorised, as per the GTG Terms of Use that you agrred to abide by when you created your account we cannot continue to help you until you have a legitimate OS on your computer.

• The posting of links or references to warez or any other type of illegal software is strictly forbidden. By doing so you risk having your user account terminated without warning. We will NOT help anyone we suspect of having obtained their software or services illegally.

kings121

kings121

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

i'll  fix the the windows problem and hope we can continue with the help..  im in contact with the person who installed it on my pc  and hope to resolve the problem

thanks for pointing it the problem out to me

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Be happy to continue once we can see that you have a legitimate OS installed  :thumbsup:

We are obligated to point such things out but you are welcome  :)

Advertisements

kings121

kings121

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Be happy to continue once we can see that you have a legitimate OS installed  :thumbsup:

We are obligated to point such things out but you are welcome  :)

now i'm back  lets continue :)

my new system info

http://speccy.pirifo...UYbOJFPmaPOICuD

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

That particular PSU was first released back in 2007 and was discontinued years ago, how old is the one that you have.

It the PSU is so old that it is out of warranty I would not use it anywhere near my computer and especially if it had a video card that cost circa 6500 Krona/$800+.

Keep the above firmly in mind else you could end up with a rather expensive GTX 1080 as a paperweight.

Speccy still showing a card populating the X16 PCI-E slot so I take it that your GTX 1080 is in it.

Have you installed the chipset drivers for the motherboard.

Do you have the correct drivers for the GTX 1080 saved to your desktop.

kings121

kings121

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

ok the guy just reinstall windows and it got some updates from microsoft  not sure if the chipset drivers installed from that

i have a nvidia 390.77  driver on the desktop not sure if thats the right driver

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Windows is not responsible for installing your motherboard drivers, you need to do this, you should have a drivers disk that came with your motherboard.

The GPU drivers are secondary for now as you need to get the motherboard drivers installed and starting with the Intel chipset drivers first.

kings121

kings121

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Windows is not responsible for installing your motherboard drivers, you need to do this, you should have a drivers disk that came with your motherboard.

The GPU drivers are secondary for now as you need to get the motherboard drivers installed and starting with the Intel chipset drivers first.

i'm browsing the thr mobo cd and not seen nothing about chipset driver