Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

firmware question

• Please log in to reply

xppc

xppc

• PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

i have an at&t s7 active that was frp and network unlocked. i am trying to use this on tmobile.
my s7 active is running android 7.0 G891AUCS2BQC2
i need the wifi calling option and like the S7A.
in another forum i saw posts regarding the S7 and S8 active i saw thoughts of needing to flash tmobile software to get this to work

the questions i haven't found a good answer for are below
1) is the tmobile firmware (S7 and S7 edge the same) could i use this on the S7 active. I don't wish to brick the phone
2) since Tmobile has S8 active could i use the S8 active firmware on the S7 active?

thanks

Advertisements

JAM's Memon

JAM's Memon

• Pip
  • 2 posts

You can try custom rom, you need to refer to Youtube & Google for proper reference.

jamesmehraa

jamesmehraa

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

See you need to brick your S7 active as Samsung is not going to release any new update related to internet calling on S7 active. You can use other custom roms if you want to update but please check if they are compatible with your device or not. You can search on Youtube how to flash custom roms, there are tonnes of videos about them.