I have "Avast anti Virus SOftware", every after few hours it just beeps and shows message like "Virus has been detected" that virus that shows me in svnhost.com file ? how do i remove virus from this file ? why i am getting unusual activity like that ?
Svnhost.exe Showing Viruses
Posted 03 March 2018 - 04:11 PM
svnhost is a virus.
(Not to be confused with svchost which is a normal Windows file)
Have you run a boot-time scan with Avast yet? It takes like 6 hours so I usually let it run at night.
Click on the Avast ball. Then click on Protection, then on Antivirus, then on Other Scans then on Boot-time Scan. Click on Install Special Definitions. Click on Run on Next PC Reboot.
Reboot and let it run a scan. It may take hours.
Once it finishes it should load windows. Mute your speakers so it doesn't wake you up when Windows boots.
When you reboot you will see the scan start. It will tell you where it saves its log. Usually it's C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\report\aswBoot.txt but it might change so verify the location. This is a hidden location so you will need to tell Windows to let you see it:
Copy and paste the text from the log to a Reply when done.
If that doesn't get it then:
- Get FRST from http://www.bleepingc...very-scan-tool/You need to download the appropriate tool for your PC. If you don't know if you have a 32 or 64 bit system get them both. Only one will work and that's the right one.
- Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
- Check the Addition.txt box
- Press Scan button.
- It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
- Please copy and paste log back here.
- It will generate another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users