Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hp Notebook

- - - - -

Best Answer hayglennley , 14 March 2018 - 04:18 PM

Okay I have brought a recovery disc so I will try that when it get's here hopfully that will relaod windows thank's for your help Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

hayglennley

hayglennley

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

My daughter's  laptop was on Windows 8 she has tried to download windows 10 it started downloading 10 but now all it keeps doing is flashing up attemping to recover installation then it comes with restoring your prevision version?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

Hello hayglennley,

attemping to recover installation then it comes with restoring your prevision version?

If it fails to restore the previous version of Windows I had this problem myself a couple of times recently caused by the latest Windows 10 1709 Feature update failing to install, only way to fix it was to use the Recovery Partition on the HDD  :(

Can you post the exact model name or number of the HP notebook for us so that we can do some research.

hayglennley

hayglennley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Hi yes the model number is V8S91EA#ABU model name is a HP Notebook - 15-af119na I have Done a system test and it seems okay?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

Not sure if by saying yes you mean that it fails to restore the previous version of Windows so try restarting the notebook and repeatedly press the F11 key to see if the Recovery Manager opens

hayglennley

hayglennley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I have the recovery manager open and I am doing a system extensive test?

hayglennley

hayglennley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
IMG_20180312_223733.jpg

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

Apologies for the late reply  :(

I have the recovery manager open and I am doing a system extensive test?

Not what we are trying to achieve, you mentioned that the notebook was running Windows 8 and being that the computer is a HP notebook we are looking for a Windows 8 Recovery Partition which if present and working would when used would reinstall Windows 8 and the HP drivers etc just as the computer was when it left the factory, there is a HP tutorial for the whole procedure here

hayglennley

hayglennley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Hi I can't even get onto the main screen. repeatedly pressing the F11 the Recovery Manager doesn't  open all I get is the start up menu

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

Hi I can't even get onto the main screen. repeatedly pressing the F11 the Recovery Manager doesn't  open all I get is the start up menu

Sorry but I am confused, your reply #5 says "I have the recovery manager open and I am doing a system extensive test?"

To be able to run the diagnostics you must be in the Recovery Manager which can only be accessed by tapping the F11 key when the notebook is restarting.

If there is no Recovery Partition option in the Recovery Manager someone has deleted it.

hayglennley

hayglennley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
✓  Best Answer

Okay I have brought a recovery disc so I will try that when it get's here hopfully that will relaod windows thank's for your help

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

Without knowing what you found when looking for the recovery partition or what the recovery disk is that you have purchased we are rather in the dark and so can only wish you good luck  :thumbsup:

You are welcome btw  :)