Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I've no experience in solving file troubles

• Please log in to reply

annalisehurley

annalisehurley

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Has someone stumbled upon such issue?...There was an error opening this document. The root object is missing or invalid. I created many .pdf document in Adobe Acrobat, but such messages I have seen first time. I got it at opening file. I hoped it was error, but I tried to open my .pdf several times. What are you doing in such case?

Advertisements

dmccoy

dmccoy

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 1,295 posts

Please describe your issue better to help understand how we might be able to help.

TitanHen

TitanHen

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Has someone stumbled upon such issue?...There was an error opening this document. The root object is missing or invalid. I created many .pdf document in Adobe Acrobat, but such messages I have seen first time. I got it at opening file. I hoped it was error, but I tried to open my .pdf several times. What are you doing in such case?

If you use a PC, you can use software you already have on your computer to retrieve some of the content. Right-click on the corrupt file and choose ‘Open With’ and select the Notepad program that comes bundled with every copy of Windows. The resulting file will contain a lot of coding but within that coding you will see the content. This is perhaps a only really viable with text-only PDFs as when you are dealing with images and forms, Notepad will be swamped with coding and finding the text can be the proverbial needle in the haystack.

The method from above – is an alternative, which uses Notepad…

More various ways I found some days ago in search machine like Google or Yahoo

http://www.adobepdf.repair/

https://onlinefilerepair.com/en/pdf-repair-online.html