Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How can Themeforest be improved?

themes landing pages code envato

• Please log in to reply

techtalk

techtalk

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi guys, I'm new here. I have an idea that I would like to create a platform similar to Themeforest, envato market. 

I wanted to know what pain points you have experienced on the site and what can be improved or what you would love to see as a user?

Can you make some suggestions on what would make a better version of this site if there was to be a competitor in the space?

Anything, user experience, UI, payments etc?

Advertisements

gody09

gody09

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Themeforest is pretty easy, it's hard to find any pain points. 

I have developed so many wordpress websites using envato themes. They have awesome support through forums, most creators will be available to communicate directly through mail.

Price is low, payment is easy and choice is plenty.

I think your challenge is not in finding pain points, but in achieving all these basics that buyers normally look for. 

Sorry if I'm discouraging you. It's really great that you want to create a similar platform.

I pain point that I can come up with is that, there is is a setup charge for all themes.

Basically you have to pay double the amount of theme, if you need someone to install it for you. I know its additional work and hence be charged. But if you are starting out and you offer initial setup free of charge, lot of people might be interested in it. 

You can also try to offer domain and hosting services along with theme, which makes yours an all in one platform. That will be unique!

Good luck with your venture mate. 

techtalk

techtalk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thanks for that, I'll be sure to add that. I appreciate the reply!:)