Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Encrypting entire pc or a hard drive

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

krivsonn

krivsonn

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Hi, I am using Windows 10 64 bit OS Home edition. I would like the simplest and safest way to protect entire drive or a PC. So that if I (for example die) it becomes impossible to reach my files. I don't care if it even comes impossible to me if I forget the password. I don't care if the laptop itself gets physically hacked, as long as my files are full proof protected. Is there such a way?

Advertisements

dmccoy

dmccoy

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 1,295 posts
There are several third party programs available. I would recommend researching them to determine which one fits your needs.

https://www.windowsc...yption-software
https://www.techrada...ncryption-tools

azarl

azarl

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 25,310 posts

Vera - it's the best

krivsonn

krivsonn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Thank you. As a matter of fact protecting a single folder would be more than good enough. But it must be bullet proof.

krivsonn

krivsonn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Vera - it's the best

Haha, thanks. I am just laughing at the name makes me laugh. Kasparsky is also the best. And dangerous. Vera is the Russian word for faith. And it scares me. Not Russians. The name of the program. Got a good download link?

krivsonn

krivsonn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Vera - it's the best

Haha, thanks. I am just laughing at the name makes me laugh. Kasparsky is also the best. And dangerous. Vera is the Russian word for faith. And it scares me. Not Russians. The name of the program. Got a good download link?

It actually stands for three English words: belief, trust and faith. Heavy words. All three of them.

The word is very similar in all Slavic languages.

Edited by krivsonn, 22 March 2018 - 10:47 PM.

krivsonn

krivsonn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Vera - it's the best

Haha, thanks. I am just laughing at the name of the program. Kaspersky is also the best when it comes to viruses. And also as dangerous. Vera is the Russian word for faith. And it scares me. Not Russians. The name of the program. Got a good download link?

It actually stands for three English words: belief, trust and faith. Heavy words. All three of them.

The word is very similar in all Slavic languages. Like it says on every dollar bill or a coin "in God we trust". Ironically, somehow everybody stopped trusting God (no matter which religion) and started trusting the dollar. So when somebody (usually politicians) start the sentence with "trust me" they lose your trust immediately. Naming a program Vera may be a good marketing move, but it lifts my guards up somehow... Just making fun. I still need a good link.

Edited by krivsonn, 22 March 2018 - 11:12 PM.

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

Here's a link:

https://archive.code...om/?p=veracrypt

But please remember nothing is foolproof or bulletproof ( for ever)

krivsonn

krivsonn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Here's a link:

https://archive.code...om/?p=veracrypt

But please remember nothing is foolproof or bulletproof ( for ever)

Thanks a lot.