Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't use any browser even with internet connection

• Please log in to reply

Vedjak

Vedjak

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Hi!

I have internet connection but I can't use any browser. None of chrome, mozilla, and ie works. I am pretty sure I have internet connection since I can still play online games and update these games as long as the update doesnt require the use of a browser. 

Error message: dns probe finished nxdomain

Things I tried to do :

1. boot in safe mode with networking (still, wasn't able to use any browser even in safe mode)

2.reset ip address settings

3.manually assign dns settings (used 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4)

ps. not sure if this is relevant but I am currently using a usb etehrnet adapter since I'm having connection issues whenever I use the built-in ethernet port in my cpu.

And also, im not one of the geeks so please bear with me, Thank you. I'll appreciate all the help.

Advertisements

dmccoy

dmccoy

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 1,295 posts

Are you using a Proxy server? Have you tried restoring your browsers to the defaults?

Vedjak

Vedjak

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Are you using a Proxy server? Have you tried restoring your browsers to the defaults?

I am not using a proxy server. I also already tried restoring the browsers to defaults, clearing the cache/cookies, and clearing history (forgot to mention that)

dmccoy

dmccoy

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 1,295 posts

Download MiniToolBox and save it to your desktop

http://download.blee...MiniToolBox.exe

1. Run as Administrator to start
  2. Select to Run All options
  3. Click Go and wait patiently
  4. Upon completion (a reboot may be needed) a file called Result.txt will be saved on your desktop.
  5. Upload or Paste the Results.txt to your next reply

Dimwitch

Dimwitch

• Pip
  • 5 posts

In your case I would check your pc on viruses. And moreover to reinstall driver for Ethernet