Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows detected a hard disk problem...(Resolved).

Best Answer SpywareDr , 03 April 2018 - 08:15 AM

londonkj, on Apr 2018 - 07:59 AM, said: Hello SpywareDR et al, thank you for your message,You're welcome.  londonkj, on Apr 2018 - 07:59 AM, said: I am still a little nervous about performing... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Strange and bad  :(

The GTG Terms of Use dictate that we cannot help you with anything that is remotely related to passwords.

What I can say is that if you are certain that the password you are entering is correct then it has been changed to something that you obviously have no idea of and if you have not created a password reset disk you are going to have to do a Repair installation of Windows using the DVD and change the password that way, other than that I can say no more i`m afraid.

Q: This is the new install on the SSD and not another drive with an OS on that has been hooked back up, seen it done before so got to ask.

Advertisements

londonkj

londonkj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

yes its the new SSD,

i do have the 2TB one with my photos on it too but it was all working sweetly earlier and its def the correct password.

i even tried my old password and that had no effect.....

ok so i hold my hands up now and you can have a right old laugh!!!! i suddenlyhad a thought.... maybe i had created the password with a number in it.... then i had num lock off....

so now i realise when i made the password the caps lock was off and the number didnt exist in the password but i was now using the numeric lock on! what a num-pty! haha

yay its now working! ha ha ha what a massive releif!

thanks

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

Way to go!

And that's why I don't password my computer.

Too many other passwords to remember.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Well that`s a relief for you and pleased to hear it  :yes:

Good catch on your behalf btw  :thumbsup: