Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer won't start

• Please log in to reply

aaronrjr

aaronrjr

• Pip
  • 3 posts
HP Pavilion 522c: computer won't start. I turn it on sounds like it's running but all it does is beeps. If I try to turn it off it won't, have to unplug it to shut it off. I've tried to boot it up from A, DVD, CD drives, no luck. Won't start in safe mode, can't even get the screen to stay on, shuts itself off in 20 seconds. Not sure if it's a hardware problem or if a virus
got to it. This all started the day after the free virus protection had expired. I'm trying to get this thing to at least start in DOS so I can re-format the hardrive. I'm just about to tell my son-in-law to use it as a boat anchor. Anyone have any suggestions?

Aaron

Advertisements

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks to Go! :tazz: I'm kool808 .

http://www.geekstogo...ms_-t28727.html

aaronrjr

aaronrjr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
kool808, thanks for the advice. The problem was the memory stick. I installed a new memory stick and the problem was solved.