Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Looking for a standalone tile/matrix slide show generator

Slideshow application

• Please log in to reply

Maven60

Maven60

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I want to display photos on a 43" screen in my office.  I have a lot of portraits and other photos and hope to display them in a tile/matrix format.  The "mosaic" option on the amazon fire stick is exactly what I want, but would want it to be stored in a video format (MP4) so that I have a simple way of showing on my new Planar SL4351 monitor.  See  starting at 2:15 to see what I am talking about.

Does anyone know of a program that will create a slideshow like this for me and allow me to save it as an MP4?  Adding video clips as well as photos would be a plus.  Thanks.

Advertisements

RogerW37

RogerW37

GeekU Sophomore

• GeekU Sophomore
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

An easy way (not the cheapest) is to use the Amazon Firestick and output it to your computer so your computer can capture the presentation just the way you like it and save it in the requested MP4 format. 

The following is an overview and not an exact step-by-step guide.

STEP 1 - Amazon Firestick

Setup your presentation how you like it using the Amazon Firestick

STEP 2 - Hardware Capture Video

Instead of plugging the Amazon Firestick into the LCD screen, plug it into your PC or Mac via video capture hardware.  Video capture hardware comes in many styles such as via USB, internal card, etc.  To capture the HDMI signal, Google: "capture hdmi video to pc" OR "capture hdmi video to mac" for various hardware solutions.

STEP 3 - Software Capture Video

So now with the video coming into your computer, the next step is to capture the video to MP4.  A popular option for this task is software such as obsproject.com.

OVERVIEW

Amazon Firestick > Hardware HDMI Input Capture Device > Play and Record to MP4 using OBSProject (or similar) 

I hope this helps!

Edited by RogerW37, 10 April 2018 - 01:02 PM.