Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

First time computer

• Please log in to reply

Dantho

Dantho

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Sorry for the  delay.  I did disable hibernation as requested.  The computer is running great, no noticeable issues.   Not sure exactly if its ok, ok.  I'm still concerned about the cpu temperature.  Should I put the AMD program back together and try it again?  Also I have not really shut it down completely, I just put it to sleep.  I'll shut down completely and reboot and let you know if there's any issues there.
If I were to go back in, how do I double check without reinstalling the CPU or should I just take it off, clean it and put it back?  Or should I remove and reseat cooler itself?  Suggestions?  
  Thank you very much for your help so far!  

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
The computer is running great, no noticeable issues.  

Have you created a new system restore point for the now stable settings.

I just put it to sleep.

This setting is intended for notebooks and the purpose is to preserve battery life. Hibernation and Sleep should be disabled on any performance rig.

I'm still concerned about the cpu temperature.

Let us know if you would like us to take a look for you.

You are welcome btw  :)

Dantho

Dantho

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

One piece of good news, i finally found the follow topic option. But, still running into BSOD on startup. It seems to only happen when I do a cold boot. Like i said before, the only fix i found is changing the boot device from DVD and run into a blue screen once or twice during the windows logo after a few seconds(yes, with the DVD). Then i finally get to the option to repair my computer. I attempt to do Startup repair, and that fails. I restart, change boot device back to SSD and it boots with no issues. It's weird and I'm still clueless as to why.