Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows2000 Server can see but no longer access files on recently-upda

Windows2000 Server WIndows 7

Best Answer CED_Admin , 14 May 2018 - 04:04 AM

Thanks for the reply. The news is that Microsoft fixed the problem in last week's Windows 7 update. I suspect that a number of users bombarded them with complaints. Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

CED_Admin

CED_Admin

• Pip
  • 2 posts

We run a Microsoft Windows network that has a mixture of PCs attached. After the latest Windows 7 updates (mid-April 2018), a tape backup system running on a Windows 2000 Server on the network can see but no longer access files on networked Windows 7 and Windows 10 PCs.

Have the default permissions changed in the latest Windows update, and, if so, how do I tell the Windows 7/10 PCs to give the Windows 2000 Server access to backup certain directories?

Advertisements

leonardootc

leonardootc

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Hello, CED_Admin

Are you trying to access from your WIN200 server to computers with 7/10? If so: is there any error message from win2000 server?

CED_Admin

CED_Admin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
✓  Best Answer

Thanks for the reply. The news is that Microsoft fixed the problem in last week's Windows 7 update. I suspect that a number of users bombarded them with complaints.

leonardootc

leonardootc

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Hello Ced_Admin:

I'm glad to hear that.

Greetings!!