Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

user profile service failed the logon windows 7

user profile failed to loadin windows 7

• Please log in to reply

digitalaimschool

digitalaimschool

• Pip
  • 6 posts

I am getting msg in my computer user profile can not be loaded in windows 7 after restart the computer.

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 747 posts

This is a problem that happens quite a lot with Win 7 machines but fortunately the fix is generally pretty easy.

As always make sure before you start the fix that your back ups and system images are all up to date and include everything you need with several copies, all validated and with at least one kept safely offsite on removable media. Dont forget your Win 7 installation disc and your software installation discs and product serial codes... make sure they are all kept somewhere nice and handy.

The above is recommended before any system changes are made as a "standard operating procedure" but is particularly important with this fix as you will need to edit the Registry

Warning

when editing the Registry you will be operating in an environment that does not include the safeguards that Windows users have been used to. If you delete something you shouldn't, or mistype something, then you will not get a friendly warning from Windows ...... the changes will be applied and if it breaks your machine thats just what it will do! so be very careful with your typing and double check everything!...especially the contents of the first paragraph above.

Here's a link to a video of one of the fixes:

Good luck!

Regards

paws

digitalaimschool

digitalaimschool

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I don't have the the windows 7 disk and i dont want to lose my data from my computers

digitalaimschool

digitalaimschool

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I don't have the the windows 7 disk and i dont want to lose my data from my computers

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 747 posts
i dont want to lose my data from my computers

The fix should not affect your data and you should not need your Win 7 installation or Repair disc providing everything goes smoothly with the fix ( However if you make a mistake or something goes wrong a good way to recover from it is via your back ups for your data and your Win 7 installation disc or System Repair disc for your operating system and that is why we advised that you check them both before you start.

I don't have the the windows 7 disk

If you purchased a retail version of Win 7 and you don't have Win 7 disc, then its possible to download a.iso of Win 7 direct from Microsoft, so you can create your own disc, here's a link:

https://www.microsof...wnload/windows7

Note: You will need your product serial key to access the download, but if you have a preinstalled operating system on your computer ( sometimes called an OEM version) then the above link will throw up an error and refer you to the manufacturers of your computer who should be able to provide you with the disc (usually for a fee)

Let us know how you get on

Regards

paws