- Get FRST from http://www.bleepingc...very-scan-tool/You need to download the appropriate tool for your PC. If you don't know if you have a 32 or 64 bit system get them both. Only one will work and that's the right one.
- Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
- Check the Addition.txt box
- Press Scan button.
- It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
- Please copy and paste log back here.
- It will generate another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.
Get Process Explorer
Save it to your desktop then run it (Vista or Win7+ - right click and Run As Administrator).
View, Select Column, check Verified Signer, OK
Options, Verify Image Signatures
Click twice on the CPU column header to sort things by CPU usage with the big hitters at the top.
Wait a full minute then:
File, Save As, Save. Note the file name. Open the file on your desktop and copy and paste the text to a reply.
Copy the next 2 lines:
TASKLIST /SVC > \junk.txt
Open an Elevated Command Prompt:
Win 7: Start, All Programs, Accessories then right click on Command Prompt and Run as Administrator
Win 8: http://www.eightforu...indows-8-a.html
win 10: http://www.howtogeek...-in-windows-10/
Right click and Paste (or Edit then Paste) and the copied lines should appear.
Hit Enter if notepad does not open. Copy and paste the text from notepad into a reply.