Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Upgrading Lenovo 50-30 - Tech advises

Best Answer phillpower2 , 05 May 2018 - 09:21 AM

Kicha2003, Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but entry level notebook CPUs are most often soldered into the motherboard and the graphics are provided by the CPU rather than a dis... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

kicha2003

kicha2003

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello people! 

Need your technical advise regarding upgrading my entry level Lenovo Laptop.

See Specs in attached file.

Serial Number: CB34504693
Machine Type Model: 80ES5943076

My point is can I change celeron chip and Nvidia card + If I upgrade to SSD and make it 16gb RAM will be it decent for gaming and video editing?
Can you please also advice me website where I can purchase cheapest refurbished parts for upgrades. 
Thank you guys beforehand
Operating System
Windows 10 (64-bit)

Attached Thumbnails

• Detailed Specs.png

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
✓  Best Answer

:welcome:   Kicha2003,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but entry level notebook CPUs are most often soldered into the motherboard and the graphics are provided by the CPU rather than a discreet video chip so neither can be upgraded, this is the case with your Lenovo notebook, you can upgrade the RAM to 16GB and fit an SSD but neither will make the computer anywhere near a gaming spec rig I`m afraid.

RAM and SSD upgrade examples here