Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows detected a hard disk problem + slow running

• Please log in to reply

effy90

effy90

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi all,

I really need help! My laptop has been displaying a message "Windows detected a hard disk problem" since yesterday. Additionally I've got message about wrong running battery to change. Can I repair a hard disk somehow or I need to buy a new one?

My laptop is running very slow, sometimes frozes (mainly the browser) and starting the computer is very slow as well. 

Best regards

Attached Thumbnails

• disk.PNG

Attached Files

Edited by effy90, 06 May 2018 - 01:15 AM.

Advertisements

FreeBooter

FreeBooter

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Backup your files to another storage device as this hard drive failing.

To make sure hard disk drive failing, please download and run SeaTools for Windows.

Before the installation begins you will be prompted to either Decline or Accept the terms of the installation, click on I Accept.

1.  Once the installation begins SeaTools for Windows will search for HDDs and SSDs on your computer. 

2.  Detected Drives will list the HDDs and SSDs found.  Place a check mark in the drive box you want to run the scan on.  This should be the drive that has the operating system installed on it, this is usually C: drive.

3.  You will see Basic Tests toolbar above Detected Drives, move the mouse pointer over this to open the test options.  Please click on Long Generic Test

4.  This will start the scan.  When the scan is complete you will see the result under Test Status , please post the results in your topic.

5.  The test will indicate either Pass or Fail.  Post the results of the scan in your topic.

6.  Click on Help, then click on View Log File.  If the scan failed take a screen shot of the Log File and post it in your topic.

oliverpowell

oliverpowell

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Hi,

I suggest you to go through this article https://www.stellari...or-occurred.php see if this can help you out.