Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer might have a Malware?

• Please log in to reply

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP
Log: 'System' Date/Time: 23/05/2018 07:03:15
Type: Erreur Category: 0
Event: 7034 Source: Service Control Manager
Le service ZAM Controller Service s’est terminé de façon inattendue pour la 1ème fois.

Uninstall Zemana.  I don't see it in your FRST Addition list so if it has already been uninstalled: search for

services.msc

hit Enter then scroll down to the bottom and find

ZAM Controller Service

Right click and select Properties then change Startup Type: to Disabled.  OK.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 21/05/2018 12:33:17
Type: Avertissement Category: 0
Event: 10400 Source: Microsoft-Windows-NDIS
La réinitialisation de l'interface réseau « Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller » a commencé. Le temps de la réinitialisation du matériel, la connectivité réseau sera momentanément interrompue. Motif : The network driver detected that its hardware has stopped responding to commands. Cette interface réseau a été réinitialisé 2 fois depuis sa dernière initialisation.

The above error is typical of a bad Realtek driver.  You can go into Device Manager and right click on the driver and Uninstall then reboot.  This will reinstall the driver in case and sometimes that will help but most likely you need to try a different driver.  See if you can get the Win 7 version to install:

We are still getting:

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 23/05/2018 07:44:58
Type: Erreur Category: 0
Event: 16385 Source: Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP
Échec de la planification du redémarrage du service de protection logicielle à 2118-04-29T07:44:58Z. Code d’erreur : 0x80070002.

We need to fix it.  The odd thing is that the date is a day old.  Obviously we can not schedule a task to run yesterday.

The service appears to be running:

sppsvc.exe 4 032 K 7 700 K 7200 Service de la plateforme de protection logicielle Microsoft Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows

This is another odd thing since it is supposed to start, shake hands with MS, then shut down.
Let's replace the task:

Download and Save the attached zip file:

Right click on it and Extract All, Extract (to your desktop)

export the original:

Search for
Task Scheduler
hit Enter
click on the arrow in front of Task Scheduler Library
click on the arrow in front of Microsoft
click on the arrow in front of Windows.
Find and click on Software Protection Platform.
There should be three tasks In the middle pane.  only the top one (SvcRestartTask) is enabled.  The other two are disabled.
 find SvcRestartTask right click on it and Export.  (save it somewhere besides your desktop)
right click on the task and Delete

Right click on Software Protection Platform and Import  Task (point it to the unzipped .xml file)

If it works without an error then reboot and run VEW again

Process Explorer looks pretty good except for your game
FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe 16.76 4 446 872 K 2 966 616 K 14596

Was it supposed to be running?

Advertisements

Zukolol

Zukolol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

The game was up and running so I'm assuming it was supposed to take quite some ressources.

Should I completely uninstall the device (realtek family thing) or just the driver? I only found a way to do the former, but I guess that's what you meant?

It also seems to be the real issue there, I was watching youtube videos with nothing else running, the pc froze for ~10 seconds (could still move the mouse, was still hearing the audio), then I was able to move the window until it froze again for a few seconds, after which my network connection was gone. Tried unplugging the RJ45 and restarting the driver, nothing worked and I had to fully restart the computer. 

Event Viewer showed several of these:

La réinitialisation de l'interface réseau « Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller » a commencé. Le temps de la réinitialisation du matériel, la connectivité réseau sera momentanément interrompue. Motif : The network driver detected that its hardware has stopped responding to commands. Cette interface réseau a été réinitialisé 6 fois depuis sa dernière initialisation.

basically means the realtek driver was being restarted and that I would have no network whatsoever in the meantime

I haven't touched anything with it yet as I want to make sure you meant "uninstalling the device"

As for the Task Scheduler, applied your fix, it does look like the "security spp 16835" warning is gone! I'll let you know if that changes anytime soon

Edited by Zukolol, 23 May 2018 - 12:42 PM.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

Yes.  Go into Device Manager, under Network Adapters find your Realtek and right click and Uninstall.  Reboot.  It will find it again and reinstall it.  Sometimes you get lucky and that's all you need but Realtek has had a problem getting their Win 10 driver to work reliably.  If that doesn't help then I would download both drivers (win 10 & 7) from the Realtek page I gave you.  Then try and get it to accept the Win 7 driver.  If it accepts the driver then doesn't work you will then have the win 10 driver available.

Alternatively you should be able to find an Ethernet card for the PC.  Amazon shows a D-Link DGE-530T 10/100/1000 Gigabit Desktop Adapter for only $8.

Zukolol

Zukolol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Did it, the Win7 driver didn't work so I installed the Win10 one. I guess if it's still crashing I'll have to buy a new card as you suggested