Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

fujistu, uh572 notebook ssd

sandisc ssd

• Please log in to reply

tcman

tcman

• Pip
  • 2 posts

This is driving me nuts, I got a fujistu uh572 notebook on ebay. I've worked on many computers but have never had a problem like this. The laptop has an onboard ssd(sandisk i100) and also has a sata connector for a storage disc. It doesn't matter what disc(onboard ssd or external sata) I load windows on and it doesn't matter which version of windows i use(windows 7, 8, or 10) windows will load fine, but will not boot unless I have a windows 8 install usb stick attached. When starting up it'll say press any key to start from usb drive. If I don't press a key, windows will start  and run fine. Take the usb stick out and it just stops at boot source screen, if I press any boot device except the usb installation it  just stops every time at that spot. I've updated bios and sandisc firmware. I found a post wear a guy said to pre-install sata and the rapid(irsc?) drivers from the fujistu website. But, it doesn't matter what drivers I try, it just says "device driver not found" I've ran tests on the ssd and they all say the ssd is fine. It's almost like it needs that windows 8 stick to tell it to boot normally. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

Hi :welcome:,

Did you adjust the boot order on the BIOS?

Can you post a screenshot of the Windows Disk Manager showing all the partitions.

tcman

tcman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

the only thing that shows up in the bios is the sata hdd. I thought that was weird but from what i've gathered so far is that i don't think fujistu shows the onboard drive in the bios. both drives show up in windows.

Edited by tcman, 16 May 2018 - 07:38 AM.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

No option at all to change drives order instead of boot order?

In some machines the boot option is only for HDD0 but there is another place where you choose the drive that will be the 1st HDD.