Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

disable on-board video from motherboard?

• Please log in to reply

katrock

katrock

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi all!

I'm hoping someone can help me here. I'm trying to fix my aunts hp pavilion a305w computer. The on-board video has completely gone so I cannot get into the bios to tell it to look at the pci card i have purchased and put in.

so i guess my question is, how do i disable the on-board video card on the motherboard itself,since i have no video to do it in the bios.

i'm assuming its just a jumper. but i cannot find any instructions online for the trigem (glendale) motherboard that tells me how to do it.

any ideas would be greately appreciated :tazz:

Advertisements

ryanmills

ryanmills

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Umm well I not sure on the layout of the HP's but most are disabled thru the BIOS. But have you tried plugging in the card and firing it up. Most of the time it should work. But I would still go into the BIOS and disable it.

If that does not work however... I once had a friend disable video on his laptop and his rear VGA port was jacked... :tazz: . I went down to a best buy and talked a sales guy into letting me set it up right next to a similar laptop and prayed the bios was the same and did it one key stroke at a time on best buys laptop then hit the same key on the laptop. Took me 5 tries but it worked. Then I slapped him and told him never to call me if he does it again. ;) Pain but it worked.

-Ryan