Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help setting up a headset on Windows 10 computer

- - - - -

Best Answer moondog830 , 22 May 2018 - 09:18 AM

I've got it fixed ... I was able to setup the microphone through the 'speech recognition' link in the 'control panel' ... mission accomplished.  Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

moondog830

moondog830

• PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

I just purchased a ASUS VivoBook Pro 17 and installed my programs and games and it plays the games great .... but

I play World of Tanks and use TeamSpeak to talk to my clanmates. The problem is, even though the skull candy headphones (buds) are plugged in all the way my friends can hear everything that is going on on my laptop including game sounds. It is hard for them to concentrate and sometimes even hear me. I need help figuring out how I can make it work the way it has on my last two laptops.

PLEASE HELP!

Advertisements

moondog830

moondog830

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

not sure this is the right fix (I appreciate the help) ... I don't think it's ambient noise that is the problem. 

on my other laptops, when I plug in my headphones securely ... you can't hear anything from the speakers of the laptop ... but on this

laptop, you can.

also, when I click on the sound icon the only sound device listed are my speakers ... so I can't access the headphones or anything else sound related. not sure why

moondog830

moondog830

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
✓  Best Answer

I've got it fixed ... I was able to setup the microphone through the 'speech recognition' link in the 'control panel' ... mission accomplished. 

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

Glad you got it fixed.

:thumbsup:

and thanks for sharing your fix with us.

Anyone else with a similar problem will bless the name of moondog830

when the search engines reference your answer for them.

Regards

paws