Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mouse clicks not working correctly (Resolved).

- - - - -

Best Answer AuntieHolly , 28 May 2018 - 11:54 AM

While I was waiting for a reply I searched other forums and posts. I found a post on hardware and I switched out my mouse. TA DA the problem is fixed. I thought it was a software issue because the... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

AuntieHolly

AuntieHolly

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Not sure where this question belongs, but since the last upgrade, my mouse doesn't work correctly. I used to be able to left click on an item and I would be able to do whatever that item was meant to do. Now when I click on an item, a background script appears in a box as if I had right clicked on it or hovered over it. I have uninstalled some of the apps where I first noticied this happening thinking that was the problem but it is persistent. Any helpful  ideas? Thanks.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts
I used to be able to left click on an item and I would be able to do whatever that item was meant to do.

Any chance that you could grab a screenshot and upload it for us so we can see exactly what is happening.

To capture and post a screenshot;

Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload... Click on the More Reply Options tab then after typing in any response you have... click on Choose File...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on Attach This File...on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Screenshot instructions are provided to assist those that may read this topic but are not yet aware of the “how to”.

AuntieHolly

AuntieHolly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
✓  Best Answer

While I was waiting for a reply I searched other forums and posts. I found a post on hardware and I switched out my mouse. TA DA the problem is fixed. I thought it was a software issue because the problem happened right after an update but it seems to be the mouse I was using. Thanks for your time.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved and good troubleshooting on your behalf  :spoton:

You are welcome btw and thank you for the follow up  :thumbsup: