Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trying to connect to wifi with windows xp

windows xp and no wifi

Best Answer RKinner , 24 May 2018 - 07:21 PM

Most desktops do not have WiFi so that's why you can't find it.  Suggest you get a USB - WiFi adapter: Amazon has many:Example: JIAMY 150M Mini Usb WiFi Wireless Network LAN Card 802.11b/... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Pearlcatdesign

Pearlcatdesign

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Hi,

I recently moved and I am trying to connect my windows xp desktop with wifi. I followed the this you tube video;  https://youtu.be/AwzYwz7aGho and when I got to the part where I'm supposed to right click on Lan or high speed internet, I have one option and it says "network cable unplugged, fire.....Intel ® Pro/100ve network" and if I right click on that I get the same box shown on the video, however my choices are ' Disable, bridge connection, create short cut, rename or properties' "View available wireless networks" doesn't show up. How do I connect ?

Thanks,

Pearl  

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
✓  Best Answer

Most desktops do not have WiFi so that's why you can't find it.  Suggest you get a USB - WiFi adapter:

Amazon has many:

Example:
JIAMY 150M Mini Usb WiFi Wireless Network LAN Card 802.11b/g/n Adapter Portable For Computer, Notebook
Price:     $1.99 + $2.50 shipping

I see that one ships from overseas so takes a while.

Walmart has:

Mini USB Wifi Adapter 150Mbps Wireless Network Dongle 802.11b/g/n Lan Card w/ External Antenna
Average rating:3.6667out of5stars, based on18reviews18ratings
Product Spec
Complies with IEEE 802.11n, IEEE802.11g, IEEE802.11b standard.
Data transfer rate of up to 150Mbps.
Coming with an External Powerful Antenna, faster and more stable.
Current Price
$6.36
Sold & shipped by WOWParts
Free shipping

Pearlcatdesign

Pearlcatdesign

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Okay thanks :)