Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Newest/Latest Update

- - - - -

Best Answer mlansky , 15 June 2018 - 12:04 PM

Hi dmccoy, I installed the newest Windows update and it fixed my 'Brightness & Color' issue and now the 'Brightness' works fine. Also, I downloaded CCleaner directly from the developers we... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

mlansky

mlansky

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Hi,

My computer recently downloaded the newest update for Windows 10 last night and now when I try adjust the 'Brightness & Color', it will not allow me. Also, this newest update for Windows 10 will not allow me to use CCleaner (which I use all the time) since it says that it is no longer supported. Can someone please help me out with these issues?

Thank you for the time you took in reading my post, it is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

mlansky

Advertisements

dmccoy

dmccoy

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 1,295 posts

It sounds like it might of updated to incorrect drivers for your function keys and is probably why the brightness does not work now. You can either try rolling back the drivers, downloading the correct drivers from manufacturer website or restoring to your previous version. As far as ccleaner, I am currently using it with several computers with latest update and have not heard of any issues. Did you verify that you downloaded it directly from the developers site?

mlansky

mlansky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Hi dmccoy,

Thank you so much for your reply. I will try to download it directly from the developers website. Windows has been trying to install a new update this evening. I will download it overnight or tomorrow sometime and hopefully that will solve the 'Brightness & Color' issue. I will let you know how I make out.

Thanks again,

mlansky

mlansky

mlansky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
✓  Best Answer

Hi dmccoy,

I installed the newest Windows update and it fixed my 'Brightness & Color' issue and now the 'Brightness' works fine. Also, I downloaded CCleaner directly from the developers website and it's working as well with no problems.

Thanks again for your reply and help. It is much appreciated!

Kind regards,

mlansky

dmccoy

dmccoy

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 1,295 posts
Great good to hear. You are welcome.