Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor issues

• Please log in to reply

Randomguyonforum

Randomguyonforum

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello!
I need some help. So, when I turn my pc on, my monitor stays black, there is no display. I know it's my mistake but I wonder if I could fix this by myself. So, here is what I did. I went to AMD Radeon settings and on category "display" I turned on GPU scaling(I have no idea why I did it when I know like nothing about it.) and from that moment My screen went black. Can I have some help, advice or something? Thanks!

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

What version of windows?

If you force it to reboot do you see the PC maker's logo or the login screen before things go black?

Can you boot into Safe Mode? 

Win 10 : see option 6: https://www.digitalc...mode-windows-10

Win 7: Reboot and when you see the maker's logo, hear a beep or it talks about F8, start tapping the F8 key slowly.  Keep tapping until the Safe Mode Menu appears and choose Safe Mode with Networking.  Login with your usual login

SelenaAnderson3387

SelenaAnderson3387

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Boot your computer in safe mode after that reset your graphics settings to default and restart your computer. This will reset your GPU settings back to normal and hopefully, you will be able to see your screen.

Jorhall

Jorhall

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

I suppose via restore point you may restore previous state of your system