Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio driver issues

Audio

• Please log in to reply

Soffija1994

Soffija1994

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Hello!

I have a problem with my laptop. The audio sometimes doesn't work, so I have to turn the laptop on and off in order for the sound to work. I have tried updating drivers and troubleshooting, but I get the message "Unknown device doesn't have a driver - not fixed".

I have a Windows 7 64-bit OS.

I hope you can help. Thanks!

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

Hi and welcome to our forums.

It sounds like a driver issue, are you sure you have visited the website of your soundcard/ mobo and downloaded and installed the correct driver?

If you would like us to check then we need to know the make and model number of your computer, its soundcard, and Mobo

(motherboard)

Regards

paws

Soffija1994

Soffija1994

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Thanks for the response!

I visited the Toshiba website and updated drivers, but I'm not sure if that is what you are referring to.

I have a Satellite C850 - 1GD, Part. No. PSKCAE - 07Y00DY4,

Realtek High Definition Audio.

Regards,

Sofija

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

Hi

Try going here:

http://www.toshiba.c...rivers/laptops/

fill in the appropriate details including your operating system and see what chipset and sound drivers are available

REgards

paws

Soffija1994

Soffija1994

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Hi again!

I followed your instructions and updated drivers and I thought the problem was solved. However, the updates, for some reason, only last few days and I have to download the same updates again and again in order for my sound to work. I have no idea how to make the update last longer.

Thanks in advance :)

Regards,

Sofija

Soffija1994

Soffija1994

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I did as you said and it worked for a few days, but unfortunately today I had the same issue.

However, this time it said "the driver is up to date", so I uninstalled it again in order for it to work. I assume the audio will just keep on bugging. If you have any other suggestions, I'd be happy to try them.

Soffija1994

Soffija1994

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Hello!

I have a problem with my laptop. The audio sometimes doesn't work, so I have to update the drivers each time I turn on the laptop in order for the sound to work. I have tried uninstalling drivers and I downloaded the one for my type of laptop, but the changes never last.

I have a Windows 7 64-bit OS, Toshiba.

I hope you can help. Thanks!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Soffija1994 already receiving assistance with the same issue, threads merged to avoid any repetitive suggestions being made.

Download and run DriverView which you can get from here

Save the results to text and attach to your next reply for us if you will.

Soffija1994

Soffija1994

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Soffija1994 already receiving assistance with the same issue, threads merged to avoid any repetitive suggestions being made.

Download and run DriverView which you can get from here

Save the results to text and attach to your next reply for us if you will.

Thanks!

I'm not sure if this is what you are referring to ->

Attached Files

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

There is only the one driver included in your attachment and it is for a network device, lets try something else;

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here, this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

To publish a Speccy profile to the Web:

1. In Speccy, click File, and then click Publish Snapshot.
  2. In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.
  3. Speccy publishes the profile and displays a second Publish Snapshot. You can open the URL in your default browser, copy it to the clipboard, or close the dialog box.

Soffija1994

Soffija1994

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Hi again

I hope this is it:

http://speccy.pirifo...T2mnh0FZUbkWdxt

Jorhall

Jorhall

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

It must be not a problem of software, a problem of hardware - of sound card. But install older driver for sound card

Soffija1994

Soffija1994

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I tried doing that, but the problem just won't go away. I've tried installing many different drivers, but the update doesn't stick.

Soffija1994

Soffija1994

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts