Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Win7 SP1 64bit Random hangs

• Please log in to reply

ValleyJim

ValleyJim

• Pip
  • 1 posts

My system will hang up seemingly randomly at times...

I can be doing anything, surfing the web let's say, and the browser will dim and the title bar will show the page I am on with (not responding) tagged on to the end. I can do nothing during this time. Ctrl-Alt-Del does not work, cannot bring up  Task Manager, nothing. The mouse will still move but that is about it. When it hangs it will stay that way for 1 - 2 minutes then resume normal operation. It may work correctly for a long time then hang again or it could just be a few minutes  then hang again. This is truly driving me nuts since there seems to be no rhyme or reason to this.....

I have been doing some reading on here but have not seen anything quite like this. And to prove that I have been reading here is my Speccy link:

http://speccy.pirifo...l1RVf6IppjnQf73

And I have attached my Process Explorer file here also.  :D

Thanks for reading! Any suggestiions are greatly appreciated.

Jim

Attached Files

Advertisements