Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error 403 Downloading File. Try again

Error 403

• Please log in to reply

Certifiably Blonde

Certifiably Blonde

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Ok..so that victory was shortlived.  Samsbroadcaster was up and running in conjunction with Firebird.  I loaded some songs and it played.  i had some stuff to do and shut it off and upon trying to reopen it via the short cut on my desktop and get this error message...(YET AGAIN) How is this even possible after it was up and running perfectly?  I've checked he services again and only the server is there and its set to automatic..I even toggled it off and onto Automatic again to make sure it was indeed set to Automatic.

Attached Thumbnails

• Error.png

Edited by Certifiably Blonde, 24 June 2018 - 01:29 PM.

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

Does the Firebird server service say it has Started?  Sometimes services will stop for some reason.  If you right click on the service and select Properties then click on the recovery tab you will see what it is supposed to do if it stops.

Make sure it says Restart the Service for the first two failures.

Certifiably Blonde

Certifiably Blonde

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Server Status is Started and Recovery Status is Restart for the first two failures and each subsquent failure thereafter.

Attached Thumbnails

• Services General.png
  • Services Recovery.png

Edited by Certifiably Blonde, 24 June 2018 - 03:48 PM.

Certifiably Blonde

Certifiably Blonde

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

ok..so kinda crazy.  Out of desperation I clicked on the SAMs executable again and low and behold it came up. I'm wondering if this is what has to be done each and every time you use this?

Edited by Certifiably Blonde, 24 June 2018 - 04:58 PM.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

No idea.  Never tried to run the program myself.  From what I read there was supposed to be a second service called Firebird Guardian.  Perhaps that was an earlier version of Firebird or perhaps there is an option in Firebird somewhere.

This is the link that said to make sure the services were set to Automatic:

https://support.spac...rading-database

Certifiably Blonde

Certifiably Blonde

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

This is totally confusing...it all worked last night and now its giving me the error again...I'll look for Guardian...

Edited by Certifiably Blonde, 25 June 2018 - 08:15 AM.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

See if:

https://support.spac...atabase-Problem

helps.

Also it might help to try another database other than Firebird:

https://support.spac...-Right-Database

https://support.spac...ster-with-MySQL

You might have more luck posting a question in their forum. 

http://support.spaci...wforum.php?f=20

Certifiably Blonde

Certifiably Blonde

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

I am now attempting to install Firedbird & Sams Broadcaster on a new laptop with WIN 10 and despite the problems which I have now resolved ergo this edit...I have learned so much from you Mr. Skinner and I appreciate it...Thank you once again!

OK.  Makes life easier.  In Control Panel, up in the right corner it says View by:  The default is Category which is useless.  Change it to Large Icons.  Now scroll down to System and click on it.  In the left pane you will find:

Advanced System Settings.  Click on it.  At the bottom of the new window will be Environmental Variables.  Click on that.  In the bottom half of the next window you wilSystem Variables.  Use the scroll bar to slide down to where it says Path.  Click on it then hit Edit.  Another window will open.  It will say:

Variable name:  Path

Variable value: This will be blue.  Hit the right arrow key on your keyboard.  That should put the cursor at the end of the line.  Type:

;C:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_3_0

(Note the semi-colon at the beginning.  Only SPACE is between Program and Files) 

Then hit OK, OK, OK and close the System window.  See if you still get the same error.

Edited by Certifiably Blonde, 31 March 2019 - 02:14 PM.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

...Advanced System Settings.  Click on it.  At the bottom of the new window will be Environmental Variables.  Click on that.  In the bottom half of the next window you wilSystem Variables.  Use the scroll bar to slide down to where it says Path.  Click on it then hit Edit.  Another window will open. 

Click on New which should add the new line at the bottom.  This time you do not need the ; but everything else stays the same:

C:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_3_0

(assuming this is the same Firebird version)

Then hit OK a few times.