Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

@#!%& Aggravating Screen "black out" Issue-- argh!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

CompaqBabe

CompaqBabe

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

For a while now, I'll log in to my computer and start using it as usual and then suddenly, in the middle of my work, my screen "blacks out" and it will stop responding no matter how many times I click my mouse buttons, press "esc" or hit my power button.  The screen will eventually come back on after hitting all these buttons, and I'll be back where I left off whether I'm on the internet, typing on my word processing program, etc.  BUT, eventually it "blacks out" again and I have to repeat the process.  I end up having to log back in each time, several times actually, to go back to my work and it's [bleep] aggravating.  The screen also remains "blacked out" when I boot up my computer and the only way I know it's actually on is by looking for the little light on the side of my computer that indicates it's on.  I don't think it's an electrical issue because my computer does not shut off when it "blacks out," but I don't know what this issue could be.  I know it's not an electrical "short" or anything like that.  I'm just grateful that I can log back on to my computer again, but it's aggravating doing it over and over again.  I submitted this issue via e-mail to a computer repair person, but I thought, what the [bleep]?  I'll post it at geekstogo.com.  Maybe it's just an issue of making a few screen adjustments on my Control Panel and hey-- it's free!  What are your ideas about what this problem might be? What do I do to fix it?  Thanks in advance for your input because it's annoying as [bleep]!  :ranting: 

Advertisements

CompaqBabe

CompaqBabe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Tried to update my profile with my newest computer information, but the site could not save my information; I got an error message.  What seems to be the problem with saving changes to my profile on this site?  Anyhoo, since I can't save my latest computer information, here it is.  I copied and pasted it.  Hope it helps you help me:

Windows edition:  Windows 10 Home
System: 
Processor: Intel® Core ™ 15-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2.71 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 6.00 GB (5.88 usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Pen & Touch: No Pen or Touch Input is available for this Display
Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings:
Computer name:  LAPTOP-8MNBBK3A
Full computer name:  Same
Computer description: None
Workgroup: WORKGROUP
Windows activation:
Windows is activated
Product ID: 00325-80000-00000-AAOEM

Edited by CompaqBabe, 02 July 2018 - 02:30 PM.

CompaqBabe

CompaqBabe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

This is NOT a duplicate reply.  As I said, I tried to save my new computer system information to my profile and the profile wouldn't save my new info.  Please reply to my original topic about the screen "black out" issue.  I need to know what is going on with my computer.  Thanks for your prompt response(s).

CompaqBabe

CompaqBabe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

UPDATE 7/10/2018: I have been waiting for quite a while now for a resolution to this issue, but no one has gotten back to me. I feel that I have been more than patient. I will give you until Friday, 7/13 to address this issue of mine, which is very important to me.  If I do not get any results by then, I will never visit this forum again and will warn all my friends/family through e-mail and my busy Facebook account to never have any business with geekstogo.com regarding any computer issues because the management here refuses to address them in a prompt fashion.  So, this is your last chance to resolve this issue.  Please get back to me ASAP! I see that this topic has gotten over 200 "views," so please don't claim that this issue was never noticed or looked at. You have no excuse.

Edited by CompaqBabe, 10 July 2018 - 11:51 AM.

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,168 posts

This is NOT a duplicate reply.

From my point of view it is. Both topic s have the same time stamp >Posted 02 July 2018 - 03:06 PM< and the content of this post is identical to this post, all except for the following that you edited in:

BTW, gotta change my computer type on my profile: I've got an HP laptop, Intel CORE 15 7th Gen running on Windows 10. I use Microsoft Edge browser, but I don't know what version it is. My computer is less than 2 years old.

Why you could not just go ahead and edit your profile to update the OS and system specs for future reference is beyond me.

It's not too often that we get total strangers who demand our attention in the way that you have in your last post. I see that you do realize that we are all volunteers here and if we choose to we do not have to help you at all. I have a feeling that those 200 views are the result of people not willing to help because of the demanding behavior on your part. I personally read the following as a threat:

I will give you until Friday, 7/13 to address this issue of mine, which is very important to me. If I do not get any results by then, I will never visit this forum again and will warn all my friends/family through e-mail and my busy Facebook account to never have any business with geekstogo.com regarding any computer issues because the management here refuses to address them in a prompt fashion.

See #4 in our Terms of Use where is discusses threatening content posted on the forum.

Also as pointed out in our Terms of Use

Geeks to Go is a family friendly site, accessible to anyone 13 years of age and older. Please keep all content appropriate.

It appears that some of your verbiage was changed by the forum software to be [bleep]'ed out. That only happens when the content is not appropriate for our younger users/members eyes.

Online etiquette or netiquette The dos and donts of online communication

As a result of the above behavior, this topic is closed.

Donna :)