I am trying to establish subtitles on youtube to be in english.
Language subtitles on youtube
Posted 09 July 2018 - 06:45 AM
Firstly, the video has to support subtitles (caption). Sadly, not all the videos do. However, for this example, we'll use one that I found that does allow you to turn on CC (closed caption). I am located in the USA so I am not sure if this affects the availability of subtitles/closed caption.
OK! Go that video above (Fan Interference in Sports Compilation).
- At the bottom of the video screen, you should see the play button, skip, etc. To the right of those, you should see CC. It's next to the cog/gear icon for settings.
- Click CC.
- A red line appears under the letters. This means that CC is set to on.
- You should now see subtitles appear while watching the video.
- To choose which language the caption appears in, click the settings icon.
- Then, click subtitles/cc.
- Then select auto-translate.
- Lastly, choose your preferred language.
Please note, however, that these are auto translations and the accuracy of the translations are not guaranteed. Best of luck!
Posted 09 July 2018 - 07:45 AM
Perhaps I have mistakenly gave you the wrong question. Its not subtitles i am referring to. I am referring to words like "Cancel", "next" etc. These words are being displayed in a middle eastern tongue.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users