Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

"You are running out of disk space on Local Disk G: ...." pop-

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

• PipPipPip
  • 777 posts

I am getting this pop-up notice frequently on my W10 Dell desktop.

Is there a way to freeze the notices so I can actually read the whole message? Right now, they disappear after just  a few seconds?

Likely, I'll be back for substantive help later. But for now, I just want to read the whole MS message (or is it from Dell ?)

Thank you. .... batpark

Advertisements

dmccoy

dmccoy

GeekU Sophomore

• GeekU Sophomore
  • PipPipPip
  • 923 posts

This is a known error caused by the latest update. It adds a drive letter to the WinRE partition. To fix perform the following:

Type command to start searching the menu
Right click on Command Prompt from menu
Select to Run As Administrator
Once in Command Prompt Windows then type of copy and paste each of the commands followed by Enter. 

Note: (The 'Volume and Disk Letter may be different on your system so make sure to select the correct ones. If any questions provide a screen shot after list volume)

diskpart 
list volume 
select volume 1 
remove letter=G