Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Reply Buttom on Craigslist !

• Please log in to reply

John Planinshek

John Planinshek

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Was directed to this forum by another person that said maybe there is help here.

My problem is that for the last month or so I can not get the REPY button on Craigslist to work. If I go to reply an hour glass starts and than I get a message ( sorry something went wrong ) I have cleared all temp,cookies, and history files doesn't work. Looked into and turned off my ad blocker doesn't work. Looked into ad ons nothing there either. So now I am for sure at a loss. I an running Windows 7 Pro with service Pack 1 and Internet Explorer 11 If there is a fix for this please help. I tried to get help from Craigs list but they never responded to e mails. I did notice that this did seem to happen after they did some type of upgrade on their site so is it them or me ????

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• 22,264 posts

:welcome:   John Planinshek,

I an running Windows 7 Pro with service Pack 1 and Internet Explorer 11

Don't use Craigslist so not familiar with it I`m afraid but with issues such as this and similar sites etc trying another browser such as Chrome or FF is most often the first thing that it is suggested for folk to try.

John Planinshek

John Planinshek

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

:welcome:   John Planinshek,

I an running Windows 7 Pro with service Pack 1 and Internet Explorer 11

Don't use Craigslist so not familiar with it I`m afraid but with issues such as this and similar sites etc trying another browser such as Chrome or FF is most often the first thing that it is suggested for folk to try.

Yes on the metal working site I'm on that is what some have suggest but I don't care to go that route as I don't care for Chrome and some have had issues with FF as well but when they upgraded to newer version it did help. I would really like to stay with E 11 if possible. Thanks

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• 22,264 posts

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here, this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

To publish a Speccy profile to the Web:

1. In Speccy, click File, and then click Publish Snapshot.
  2. In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.
  3. Speccy publishes the profile and displays a second Publish Snapshot. You can open the URL in your default browser, copy it to the clipboard, or close the dialog box.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,367 posts

Do what phillpower2 is requesting, BUT also try a different browser. If it works in a different browser then we will know the issue is with the IE browser and we can concentrate on that.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• 22,264 posts
try a different browser.

Was suggested in my reply #2 123Runner to which the OP included the following when they replied " I don't care to go that route as I don't care for Chrome and some have had issues with FF as well but when they upgraded to newer version it did help." pretty much by the by now I suspect as we appear to have yet another abandoned thread  :(

John Planinshek

John Planinshek

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

SORRY for not getting back to everyone just been really busy with other things. Anyway as suggested before by others I did download Chrome not that I like it though but as a test. Crags list works fine for the reply button also found that there is another site that I was not on for awhile that has a similar system for logging in and that one didn't work with IE so I went to Chrome and sure enough got that site to work also. At this point I am sure it is with IE. On another site I had asked this question someone tried a different computor that had an older version of IE and Craigs worked on that unit. So as I said I have always used IE and was very happy with it until all this problems. It must be they did something on one of their updates that put a wrench in the works but I can't believe more people don't have this problem. Thanks again but I haven't giving up on getting this figured out. Believe me I am sorry for not getting back faster because I also hate it when people just up and leave something hanging and no one knows what happened. I am still looking for an answer or repair for IE

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,367 posts

At least we now know the issue is with IE. I suspect it is an addon that is the issue.

Run IE with no addons and see if you can access the button in those couple programs.

If that works then we need to figure out which addon is the issue.

1] In Windows 7, to run your Internet Explorer in the no add-ons mode, Open Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer (No Add-ons). This will start IE with no add-ons. If you use the IE in no add-ons mode frequently, you can also create desktop shortcut using this for the location field.

John Planinshek

John Planinshek

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Started IE with no add-ons but still does not work. I think I had tried this before with no results. Thanks any other itdeas?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• 22,264 posts

Can you post the requested Speccy url for us if you will.

If not tried already, see reset IE info here

Thanks for getting back to us btw, any feedback good or bad is always welcome.

John Planinshek

John Planinshek

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I could do this but if I do I will be losing all the tool bars,security, privacy etc settings. If I do this it may open me up to more problems than I have now don't you think.? It seems that the problem is with any site that uses a Capcha  if I am spelling it correct.

John Planinshek

John Planinshek

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Been 5 days without an answer. So does that mean you can't come up with anything else without redoing a lot of settings that are a guess? Maybe the next one will be reloading all the windows 7 and Explorer to solve a problem with just a few web sites that are using the Capcha program. I'm sure it may be something small that is being overlooked or you just don't have an answer.