Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Wifi and Ethernet problem

• Please log in to reply

welcome123

welcome123

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

My friend rang me to say he started his windows 10 Toshiba laptop this morning and his ssid is not in the list, there are others there but not his so he brought it up to me an the same thing has happened,

shows all other wifi networks but not mine, ive put an Ethernet lead from the laptop to my router and it won't connect via Lan.

I have searched round the web using my laptop but everything i seem to try don't work however my ssid is now showing up but won't connect.

When i troubleshoot on both it says ( "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration )
Any help would be very much appreciated.

I have tried to release and renew using command prompt (Admin) but it said cant perform because its not connected.new pic.jpg

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,351 posts

• Open Device Manager by pressing [WindowsKey]+[X], type in devmgmt.msc and press [Enter]. Click the little triangle to the left of "Network Adapters", then right-click on the laptop's network adapter and select "Properties". Under the "General" tab it should say "This device is working properly". If you see an error instead, for example:

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Let us know what the error Code is, (such as the 43 above).

Also let us know if you see any yellow exclamation marks by any of the Network Adapters in Device Manager.

• What is the make and model number of your friend's Toshiba laptop?

welcome123

welcome123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Hi,
Thanks for your reply, i have done what you said and it say's device is working properly! and no yellow exclamation marks.

It is a Toshiba Satellite C50 - A - 146

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,351 posts

Cool.

I'd next install the latest Wireless Lan Driver. See this Toshiba page: https://support.tosh...264288Q&osId=26

Make sure you choose the right one, either Atheros or Intel. It should tell you in Device Manager.