Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wifi and Ethernet problem

Best Answer welcome123 , 25 July 2018 - 11:33 AM

After everything that we tried and still no go i thought i would try and change my routers Channels again, all my devices connect and work from 1 through to 13. This stupid thing will only connect... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

welcome123

welcome123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Ok thanks,

I will let you know how i get on.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

:thumbsup:

welcome123

welcome123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Well your not going to believe this but I've reset it back to factory settings and it still does not pick my router up, it still see all other networks but not mine. I really don't understand why it will not connect using the ethernet cable!

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Weird that it won't connect with either WiFi or Ethernet. Are you sure you have the drivers installed?

-- FWIW (for whatever it's worth):

The Ethernet port on my main computer's motherboard got zapped during a lightning storm last year. Had to plug in a little 1000Mbps PCI-E Network Card ($10.69 USD).

My old Acer's built-in WiFi is so weak it won't even reach the WiFi router in the next room. Had to buy a TP-Link USB-WiFi with a little flip-up antenna ($14,99 USD). Works great.

welcome123

welcome123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
✓  Best Answer

After everything that we tried and still no go i thought i would try and change my routers Channels again, all my devices connect and work from 1 through to 13. This stupid thing will only connect via Channel 6 but hey its connecting and working, i plug the Ethernet cable in and it works! very very strange.

So i'm going to now give this back to my friend and see if it will work on his or if i have to change the channel on his router i haven't any explanation as to why it works and why it don't.

I just want to thank you for all your help as strange as it's been lol.

Regards Johnny 

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Strange indeed. Good to hear you've found a solution though. :thumbsup:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts