Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Odd Taskbar message

- - - - -

Best Answer Rickles , 23 July 2018 - 03:00 AM

HI, I don't know what is happening but after nearly a week the warning has gone. Check to see if you have a system restore point that is before the yellow warning icon first came to your... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Rickles

Rickles

• PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Hi,

I noticed a yellow warning on the taskbar asking if I would like to do a Fresh Start.

As the computer is working well I am hesitant to do so.

Also I do not want the settings I have to be disturbed.

Any recommendations?

Regards

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Hello Rickles,

First and foremost please do not create a new system restore point even if prompted to by Windows.

To do:

Check to see if you have a system restore point that is before the yellow warning icon first came to your attention.

Right click on the yellow warning icon to see if it explains what it is.

Check the Device Manager for any yellow warning icon/s.

Rickles

Rickles

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts
✓  Best Answer

HI,

I don't know what is happening but after nearly a week the warning has gone.

Check to see if you have a system restore point that is before the yellow warning icon first came to your attention. Yes

Right click on the yellow warning icon to see if it explains what it is. It wants to restore my Windows.

Check the Device Manager for any yellow warning icon/s. Nothing unusual.

My version of Windows is Windows Home 10 2018.

Regards

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
I don't know what is happening but after nearly a week the warning has gone.

If your computer is stable, create a new system restore point now that the warning icon has gone.

Right click on the yellow warning icon to see if it explains what it is. It wants to restore my Windows.

You may have had a Windows update that was failing to install for some reason, not unusual so check your Windows update history for anything that may have failed to install on one or more occasion but then installed.

If you would like to investigate further use Event Viewer to check for any error logs.

Rickles

Rickles

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Hi,

Ok I shall do that right now.

Thank you for your time and help.

It is good that you guys are always there.

Regards

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

You are welcome Rickles  :thumbsup:

Check Event Viewer and let us know if there is anything reported there that would correspond with your yellow warning icon, please note that you may see multiple errors in Event Viewer and going back over a period of time, these errors unless critical will normally cause you no problem and are often the result of Windows and other scheduled updates fighting for resources.