Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Occamy.c Trojan! Please help!

Trojan Virus Malware Occamy.c

• Please log in to reply

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

Looks about normal right now.  About all you can do is leave Task Manager up and see if you can catch what is using the drive the next time it happens.

Advertisements

MrMatoke

MrMatoke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Looks about normal right now.  About all you can do is leave Task Manager up and see if you can catch what is using the drive the next time it happens.

Will do.

What would you say the normal parameters are? Just to be sure that my PC is running at its full potential. 

MrMatoke

MrMatoke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

So I just started up the PC and I saw this. Is it normal for it to be at 100% when it starts up?

Attached Thumbnails

• Captura de pantalla (6).png
  • Captura de pantalla (5).png
  • Captura de pantalla (3).png
  • Captura de pantalla (4).png

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP
There is a lot of stuff going on just after it boots. I would wait about 5 minutes for things to settle down then check it.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

The picture you posted in the PM shows you have a Windows Install going on.  Let's look at VEW to see if there is any indication of the problem:

1. Please download the Event Viewer Tool by Vino Rosso
http://images.malwar...om/vino/VEW.exe
and save it to your Desktop:
2. Right-click VEW.exe and Run AS Administrator
3. Under 'Select log to query', select:

* System
4. Under 'Select type to list', select:
* Error
* Warning

Then use the 'Number of events' as follows:

1. Click the radio button for 'Number of events'
Type 20 in the 1 to 20 box
Then click the Run button.
Notepad will open with the output log.

Please post the Output log in your next reply then repeat but select Application.  (Each time you run VEW it overwrites the log so copy the first one to a Reply or rename it before running it a second time.)