Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

email messages erroneously sent to trash folder

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

After not receiving email messages that I was expecting for several days, I looked in my Trash folder (in my Yahoo mail account). Sure enough, I found the missing messages there, along with many others, none of which I had ever seen before or sent to Trash. I was able to Move all them back to my Inbox.

How can I stop this kind of action?

Whatever caused it?

Thank you. .... batpark

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

There are usually two main reasons for this:

1 That you ( or somone) has set up a "rule" within your Yahoo to send certain messages to your Trash folder.

or

2 That Yahoo's spam filters have determined that some of your emails emanate from spammers, these auto spam filters are very good but will often, or sometimes identify false positives, it's possible to "Train" most spam filters to allow your legitimate emails.

Spam filters are often quite hard on classifying emails sent to multiple recipients or with certain key words included, as spam.

So if it's a result of 1 above then you need to remove or modify the rule.

If it's as a result of 2 then you will need to find the controls for the yahoo spam filters.

Sorry I can't help with the location for these as I have never used Yahoo mail

Regards

paws

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Paws: Thanks for responding. I have forwarded the problem to the Yahoo Help forum, as you suggested.

It is odd that the mis-filtered messages were from family members and had been coming through perfectly for years. I had changed my ISP from Comcast to Verizon about that time; maybe that caused the issue? 

Again, thank you. ....batpark